Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

9.29.2010

So ready to have this adoption finished!!

I'm so ready to be done...no more paperwork..no more worrying that other people aren't doing their jobs properly and quickly!! I just want my girls visa/passports and I'm ready to go home to Canada!! I have been preparing the packet of documents that we have to send to Pretoria, South Africa...hopefully this week...and gathering any last minute ones that I don't have yet. Sidney has to drive tomorrow to Lusaka, to get the adoption certificate and the revised birth certificates...now I don't quite understand why they are giving them new birth certificates...I mean yes, we did change their names...but can't you just give us a name change document instead of a new birth certificate! I don't know, nothing here in Zambia is particularly logical!

I believe that I have one more paper for the head of Social Welfare to sign and then we are done with them!! No more having to pretend to be really nice...lol....My only worry is that I have forgotten something, and that everything will be delayed because of it, and then we won't be able to come home for Christmas. Well, I also worry that Pretoria is going to take their sweet time issuing the citizenship, and again, we won't be able to go home by Christmas. These last few weeks I've been really feeling ready to go home...Fall is probably my favorite season and I'm missing it...Its quite warm here now...which I've never truly enjoyed like some people I know...and would rather be cuddled up listing to the rain and baking cookies. The problem with that is that I have to leave all the kids here and I'm going to miss them so much...I've been really enjoying getting to know all of them..some of them really well...and its going to be hard not seeing them for a long time!!

Prudence (the little girl dying of cancer) seem to be doing a little better now that she is receiving really good care. She is no longer vomiting and isn't in any pain. The team bought her a beautiful baby doll and she just loves it...she keeps telling her nurse not to take it away while she sleeps...she's not allowed to move it...and whenever she wakes up the first thing she does is look or feel around for the baby doll!!! I can't imagine never having a toy before...Just another insight into how very spoiled we are in Canada!! My girls are only 1 and have several toys that they are already bored of and don't want to play with...Cause you know...the box that it came in is much more interesting!! Please pray for Prudence's mother as well, she has been with Prudence the whole time that she was in the hospital and is here staying with her now, but she has 3 other children at home younger than Prudence with the youngest being 2. The other kids are being cared for by their grandmother but they haven't seen their mother, or her them in almost 4 months!!!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment