Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

9.24.2010

Off to Lusaka!!

Tomorrow we are off to Lusaka again!! We have to take the twins to have their picture taken for their Canadian passports!! The photo store in Mandahill is the only photo store that Canada will accept the photos from!....So...we get to drive for 4 hours with two 1 year olds...lol...won't that be fun!! but we are also going to go to the huge craft fair again so that will be exciting!!

The team has gone home now, but mom will be here for 2 more weeks!! YAY....We've been having some trouble getting our Letter of No Objection from the Canadian government...Mostly because our adoption agency hasn't been very helpful, and told me that I had everything I needed...and then at the very last minute said that I still needed to do a whole bunch of things!! It was very frustrating, I think I have completed everything they asked for now...although it took me 3 very stressful days of attempting to download and scan things that the internet here is too slow to handle...It took me 3 hours to download the adoption orders to an e-mail and send them!!!AHHH..sure teaches you some patience!!

The team found in the hospital a little 10 year old girl who is dying of cancer...the hospital couldn't do anything more for her, and had decided to release her to the compounds...Not a very nice place to spend your last days..no food..and no comfortable place to sleep!! She had bed sores down to the bone from the poor care that she was receiving at the hospital!! The hospital is a place that I don't even like to visit and she had been their for 3 months and 3 weeks! She has such a pretty smile and was just thrilled when we set up a tv in her room to watch cartoons!! I don't think she has ever seen a cartoon in her life, and when we asked her what her favorite toy from home was she said " I've never had a toy". So Susan asked her if she could have any toy she wanted what would it be, and she wanted a baby doll. So the team went a bought her a beautiful baby doll..Its so sad..she's such a beautiful little girl!! My heart just breaks to think what she has had to go through at only 10 years old...but soon she will be with the Lord in an amazing place without pain!!

The team also found at the hospital a 6 year old boy in serious need of antibiotics, and when Susan offered to pay for them...the doctor got very upset with her and refused to let her pay...Their was also a 2 year old little boy that was skin and bones...he didn't weigh more than 8-10 pounds and the hospital wouldn't let Susan help him either...It's so frustrating...I hate going to that hospital cause you see so much suffering and they won't let you help...you just have to leave and pray that the Lord takes these children home quickly....Their is also a set of 2 day old twin girls whose mother died in childbirth, and the father isn't around that are living with their grandmother who isn't able to care for them!! I so wish we could adopt them too...but I think 4 kids all within one year is more than I can handle...I just pray that somehow they go to a good home and get out of the compound!!

Well...this has been a long post...and some of it very sad..If you can all pray for these kids, for comfort and peace!!

May the Lord bless you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment