Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

5.10.2010

It's been too long!!

I have been a very bad blogger!!! I can't believe its been so long since I last updated...So...to fill you in on whats been happening in this end of the world.

The girls are doing well, Eden had an ear infection which is now cleared up and shes back to her happy cheerful self. Cassidy has learned to scootch herself backwards on the cement floor and is so proud of herself when she does it. Their adoption is going well..still waiting on some paperwork and then we can take it to Lusaka...Hopefully in the next week! Also hopefully when we do go we won't have any car troubles..(PLEASE)! We had to take the girls and have a medical done for their Canadian visa's and it was rather traumatic for me and for them. The doctor that was drawing the blood couldn't find the veins and wound of poking them several times each...needless to say I wasn't very happy and was wishing for our medical system back home. Everything came back fine thankfully! I also discovered that they are one month older than I thought they were. The parents had told us that their birthday was Oct 7. But when I got their admissions forms to the orphanage to photocopy for the adoption is said Sept 7, so then I looked on their under 5 cards (this is where the doc records their weights and immunizations) and it also said Sept 7. So my girls just turned 8 months old not 7. I was a little sad on learning this as it is another month of their lives that I was not here for...and also my mom is coming to visit in Sept and was planning to stay until their birthday in Oct....but their birthday is now in Sept and she's not leaving home until the 9th and it can't be switched...So...I have decided to have their birthday celebration when their Oma gets here and since they are only turning 1 they won't now the difference anyways..lol

The other day we found a 6 foot spitting cobra outside our cafeteria. Thankfully the guys were able to kill it without anyone getting hurt, but it did spit at them before it died. We are so thankful that all the kids were in school at the time that it was found and it wasn't crawling around the dorms when the kids were out playing. We are also hoping that since it was such a big snake that it didn't have a little nest somewhere!!!

On Friday we were able to go to Kitwe, its a town about 45 minutes drive away and they have a curio market there where you can buy carvings, jewelry, paintings etc. I was able to get my giraffes!!! yay!!! The market was really cool, everywhere you went it was Madam, Madam..come look!

Well...I think that's all the news!! I will try and do better and post more often!!


My girls are so cute!!!!! I could just squish them!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying reading your updates. I look forward to meeting your girls, and am hoping the paperwork all goes well, and wishing you no more snakes!!

    ReplyDelete